Thursday, May 7, 2009

What's getting married? and other three year old musings

Going through some old photos today I came across the ones of Craig and I from when we got engaged. Sitting peacefully, reminiscing it wasn't long before one of my adorable babies came along and snatched the photo out of my hand. "That's from before Mummy and Daddy got married." I told them both as the fought over who would hold the picture.

Baby A; "What's married?"

Me;"When two people love each other very much and decide to stay together forever and ever and choose to do that by taking special vows."

Baby B; "Like me and Baby A!"

Me; "Well, not exactly..."

Baby A; "Yeah, no Baby B. I don't wanna be with you forever."

........................................................................................................

I love it when kids have big imaginations. I find nothing cuter than a child making up a story, or playing a game of their own invention. With this in mind I have been actively supporting and nurturing my babies imaginations. Maybe though, I have been a little too imaginative. My children have become immune to my crazy games.

Today as I had a shower I heard Baby A come into the bathroom. Ahh, what a great opportunity to make him think there was a duck in the shower. So I made quacking noises, and I really did sound just like a duck! However baby A, in a very bored voice, simply said "Hello Mummy." This in a tone which suggested he was becoming a little exasperated with my games.

Me; "How did you know it was me Baby A?"
Baby A; "Because last night I was nearly a sleeping and someone jumped in my room and said 'Morepork!' and it was you. So all silly stuff is you Mummy."

Ahh, bright child.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! That made me laugh out loud. I love it! :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete