Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Friends I am blessed to have

I had something happen this morning which completely made my day, took me aback and made me smile. I shall also mention that the thing that happened was so amazing it managed to do all of this for me on a day I am feeling really icky.

I have amazing friends. I have such lovely, supportive people that have come into my life and I'm lucky enough they have stayed around :) One of my very good friends also happens to be my oldest friendship. We've known each other for 22 years. We've been through school together, high school, University (Albeit it took one of us a little longer to decide what to actually do, hence doing a year of one degree and then dropping it to do something completely different. I won't mention any names. Ok it was totally me...). She was there for me when my wedding ended up changing plans dramatically, when I had my twins and when I got sick. I was lucky enough to attend her wedding to the most brilliant man earlier this year.

Well this morning this particular amazing friend dropped in with some groceries for us. She knew I hadn't been to the store, and also saw my other post this morning about our stock of coke and little else, and bought me many yummy healthy snacks, breakfast food, juice, cream for my poor hands and milk! It is just the most incredible thing, and all this done during her morning work break.

Now asides from the fact this was an amazing, sweet gift is the fact something became very apparent to me. I have friends who care about me so much they are willing to spend their hard earned money on helping me to become well. In my lovely groceries this morning were lots of low GI goodies. For a good few years I have known I need to focus on changing my diet, and low GI is what is suggested for those of us with PCOS. Having a good knowledge of low GI foods, my wonderful friend bought me the many goodies she knows taste great.

This is a friend who notes down my medical results and researches them for me. Who gives me great advice on how to speak with my doctors. Who takes me out to the movies for some time out. All this while she leads an extremely busy life herself, but she never once has made me feel she doesn't have the time for me. Thank you Claire, you are an amazing, beautiful, intelligent, kind and caring person and I am so lucky to have you as my friend.

And do you know what? It doesn't stop there. I have Michelle who calls me from all the way in London, who reads my blog to keep up to date with all my health issues and what my boys are up to, who sends me beautiful touching emails that make me miss her even more but also absolutely make my day.

Kylie who gently but firmly makes sure I am taking my meds correctly (She can, she's a nurse!), reads my blog everyday, catches up for chats each day before kindy pick-ups and never makes me feel bad when I have to cancel a catch-up at the last minute due to my health. She's a true treasure.

And AN. My soul-sister.

I have so many people in my life that surround me with love. Right now I am thinking particularly of you four. Thank you for being my friends, I love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment