Saturday, January 15, 2011

If you had a time machine… DailyPost#1

If you had a time machine that only let you spend one hour in a different time, what date would you go to?

Initially when I read this I automatically went back to the events of my past, imagining where I would go to spend this precious hour. It wasn't until I read a fellow bloggers comment over at The Daily Post that I realised one could go into the future and discover things which would be of later financial value.

I still would chose to spend my one hour in the past. Not to change anything (well not majorly) but to re-experience one of the most precious and amazing times of my life.

I would go back to July 4th 2003, early evening of my wedding day. I would choose to go back to the time just after we had our meal and enjoy my first dance with my new husband all over again. I would enjoy being in a fit and relatively healthy body once again, as well the excitement that came with the newness of our marriage.

The one thing I would change is to make sure I had a Daddy-daughter dance. This is the one and only thing about my wedding that I wish had happened. The evening went so fast it wasn't until the next night that I realised I had danced with Craig but not my Dad. That would have just been the icing on the cake.

Yes, to spend one more hour in Fiji on the night of my wedding would be bliss. I will forever have those memories, and thanks to this challenge have in some ways relived this moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment