Monday, April 6, 2009

I HATE head colds

With a passion. I have lived through severe ovarian pain due to cysts, Chronic fatigue, Legionnaires diease, Heart failure, dilated cardiomyopathy, multiple arrythmias... but the one thing that gets me everytime is the common cold. I HATE them with a vengence. To the point that if one of my sweet adorable but completely boggied up baby boys try to kiss me I try and distract them. I hate colds. I hate boogers.

None of this is helped by the fact that my post-heart condition colds are longer lasting and much more likely to result in chest infections. Tonight I am so achy, blocked up and have a sore throat, I want cuddles and a sleeping tablet that'll work until this cold is gone. I want my Mum to move in and make me endless apple crumble until my throat stops hurting. I'm being a total baby and I don't care.

For some reason I never feel this way about my chronic illnesses. I never feel the need to complain or be looked after in the way I desire when I have a cold. In my imagination heart failure totally trumps head cold, but in reality I can much better deal with the former that the latter. I've had friends or acquitances tell me how horrible they feel due to a cold or flu then quickly add that I must have it so much worse and what they have is nothing in comparison. People, if I have a funny look on my face it's because I don't want to catch whatever it is you have! Colds are my enemy.

In other news, I am now a fully licenced driver! The dreaded full licence test is over. Thank goodness.

Edited to add: Just wanted to clarify that I don't mind seeing people when they are ill (have been worrying about that one all night!). More exactly when someone believes I would see a cold or flu as 'nothing much' it couldn't be further than the truth! They are my kryptonite, and if you currently have a cold or flu I feel your pain... Plus I'm on a lot of heavy duty pain meds so if I still don't make sense I blame the drugs.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the full license! You are beating Adrian's butt!
    And I'm glad I stayed away from you last week, but it didn't seem to help if you got a cold anyway :(

    ReplyDelete