Saturday, July 4, 2009

True Friends - Here's to you



" A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away."
- Arabian Proverb



“If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.” A.A. Milne



"When true friends meet in adverse hour;
'Tis like a sunbeam through a shower.
A watery way an instant seen,
The darkly closing clouds between."
- Sir Walter Scott



"True happiness consists not in the multitude of friends, but in their worth and choice."
- Samuel Johnston
"Life is partly what we make it, and partly what is made by the friends whom we choose."
- Tehyi Hsieh

I have learnt the hard way;
"Misfortune shows those who are not really friends."
- Aristotle
"The friendship that can cease has never been real."
- Saint Jerome

I have also learnt, I am truly blessed to have some very good, true and precious friendships. Friends whom knew me before i became sick, and have never treated me as an illness. Friends whom have cried with me, laughed with me, celebrated my successes and comforted me when things haven't been great. Friends who visit even when their own lives are hectic and full. The friends I love and care for and it is my honour and privilege to have them in my life. How could I be worried about those that turned out to not really be friends? I would not want them in my life anyway. Not when I have True Friends. Not when I am lucky enough to have more than one true friend.

So here's to you, my wonderful True friends. Thank you. I owe you all big hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment